- Formulate layout design or presentation approach and specify material details, such as style and size of type, photographs, graphics, animation, video, and sound.
- Manage own accounts and projects, working within budget and scheduling requirements.
- Confer with clients to determine objectives, budget, background information, and presentation approaches, styles, and techniques.
- Present final layouts to clients for approval.
- Work with creative directors to develop design solutions.
- Review illustrative material to determine if it conforms to standards and specifications.
- Create core game features including storylines, role-play mechanics, and character biographies for a new video game or mobile applications.
- Document all aspects of interactive design, using mock-up screenshots, sample menu layouts, gameplay flowcharts, and other graphical devices.
- Collaborate with artists to achieve appropriate visual style.
- Consult with multiple stakeholders to define requirements and implement online features.
- Create and manage documentation, production schedules, prototyping goals, and communication plans in collaboration with production staff.
- Create and design game/app prototypes for presentation to creative and technical staff and management.
- Determine supplementary virtual features, such as currency, item catalog, menu design, and audio direction.
- Develop and maintain design level documentation, including mechanics, guidelines, and mission outlines.
- Devise missions, challenges, or puzzles to be encountered in game play.